XTThe Series 300 broadens the application of SME technology.
Although the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm is used for the Series 300 Model 309, advanced metal techniques produce a fabricated arm of exceptional stiffness for the Series 300 Model 310 and 312 arms thus allowing a choice of three arm lengths to suit all decks.
The detachable magnesium headshell has a new style coupling, providing the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange without loss of rigidity.
Our designers can be justly proud of these models which offer a performance and manufacturing excellence unmatched by many more expensive models.
* Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
* New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
* Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
* Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
* Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
* Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
* 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
* Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
* Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
* Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
* Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
* Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
* Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
* Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
* Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
* New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
* Cartridge leads and internal wiring LCOFC litz.
* Balanced LCOFC audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.
Distance from pivote to stylus: 232.32mm
Distance from pivote to turntable centre: 215.35
cartridge fixing centres: 12.70
offset angel: 23.204
linear offset: 91.54
Height about mounting surface: 87.90max/56.40min
Height of record surface: 55.90max/24.40min
Effective mass(g): 9.5
Cartridge Balance range(g): 6-17
Vertical tracking force (g): 0-2.5
Maximum tracking error mm: 0.013
Net weight (g): 717.0
Pivot -Stylus distance (mm): 232.2
Pivot-spindle centre distance (mm): 213.4
Audio lead length(M): 1.2
Review Series IV Tonearm – Hi Fi News Group Test: http://www.sme.ltd.uk/content/Series-IV-Tonearm--Hi-Fi-1544.shtml
Review Series IV Tonearm – Gramophone Magazine: http://www.sme.ltd.uk/content/Series-IV-Tonearm-1543.shtml
Powered by Barzi eCommerce